Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com> on 2007/08/23 02:10:55 UTC

Activating a Profile from another Profile

Resending as its been 24 hours and the message hasn't shown up.

Is there any way to activatee a Profile from another Profile?

We have some pieces of the build, specifcally build.resources
definitions that vary depending on which Profile is targetted. But some
of the resource definitions are identical for several of the Profiles.

So I had hoped to extract the common resource definitions into their own
Profile which was then activated by the target Profiles.

Hopefully that makes sense :-)

It seems this has been asked before without any +ve answer.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200702.mbox/%3Ce752
83b10702011847o3079cd18sd6fc9dfd783acde5@mail.gmail.com%3E
But maybe the question was just overlooked.

Then again, perhaps there is a better way to come at this, in which case
I'm all ears.

William