Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org> on 2003/05/02 23:21:18 UTC

TC 5 admin login

I have updated my workspace and can no longer login to admin due to
following error.  Does anyone else see this?

HTTP Status 400 -Invalid direct reference to form login page.

The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid
direct reference to form login page).

Thanks,
Amy

Re: TC 5 admin login

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Amy Roh wrote:
> K.  I can produce the error using nightly so it's not something wrong
> with my workspace.  I'm going going to look for relative commits now.

I find that that this is indeed broken.
I'm going to use this opportunity see if it would be possible to
refactor the processing. Basically, using a redirect to display the form
voids the benefits of FORM auth (as could be seen in all the bug reports
which have been filed). I don't see anywhere in the spec saying that a
redirect has to be used to display the FORM, so that's a needed refactoring.

Remy

Re: TC 5 admin login

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.