Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2023/10/29 10:51:51 UTC

Error with latest openjpa-maven-plugin 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Hi all,
with latest 4.0.0SNAPSHOT artifacts, we've started getting build errors, but only on Windows and Mac OS.

The reported error is [1][2]

Failed to execute goal org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-maven-plugin:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT:enhance (enhancer) on project syncope-core-persistence-jpa: Execution enhancer of goal org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-maven-plugin:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT:enhance failed: Plugin org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-maven-plugin:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.apache.bval:org.apache.bval.bundle:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (absent): Could not find artifact org.apache.bval:org.apache.bval.bundle:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots (https://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

On Ubuntu, instead, all is working fine [3].

When I visit [4] I can see there is no artifact, as the error message is claiming.

FTR, latest successful build is Oct 23rd, first failing is Oct 25th.

Any idea?

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134892
[2] https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134968
[3] https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134801
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/bval/org.apache.bval.bundle/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Error with latest openjpa-maven-plugin 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I've just have tested Apache OpenMeetings with OpenJPA 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Everything works as expected :)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 at 14:52, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm generally against milestone if there is no clear roadmap cause it
> pollutes users and they expect milestones/alpha/beta to not be usable so my
> 2cts would be for a final until somebody wish to propose some roadmap draft
> as back in time.
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
>

> Le mar. 31 oct. 2023 à 08:10, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> > +1 for fast milestone release :)
> >
> > from mobile (sorry for typos ;)
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 31, 2023, 14:02 Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am also in favor of a milestone release, which might also serve to
> > check
> > > (and possibly fine-tune) the release process for 4.0.
> > >
> > > Regards.

> > > (even a Milestone would be fine...) to be able to proceed with a TomEE 10
> > > milestone 🙃

> > > release afterwards?

> > > OpenJPA

> > final

> > https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-high-performance

> > > ilgrosso@apache.org>

> > rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> > > ha

> > > errors, but only on Windows and Mac OS.

> > > (enhancer)
> > goal
> > > failed:
> > > one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts
> > > could not be resolved:
> > > org.apache.bval:org.apache.bval.bundle:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> > > [Help1]

> > > message is claiming.

> > > 25th.

> > https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134892
> > >
> > https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134968
> > >
> > https://github.com/apache/syncope/actions/runs/6677784818/job/18148134801
> > >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/bval/org.apache.bval.bundle/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
> > >
> > > --
> > > Francesco Chicchiriccò
> > >
> > > Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> > > http://www.tirasa.net/
> > >
> > > Member at The Apache Software Foundation
> > > Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
> > > http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Error with latest openjpa-maven-plugin 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,