Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Schönhaber <to...@list-post.mks-mail.de> on 2009/03/13 16:29:12 UTC

Re: tcnative-1.dll

Markov.Yanko@neftochim.bg:

> How can I tell for sure that tcnative-1.dll is used by tomcat ?
> System is Windows 2003 SP2, Tomcat 5.5.20, JDK 1.5.0_11, tcnative-1.dll used is 1.1.12
> Tomcat is started as a service.
> File tcnative-1.dll is placed in directory mentioned within
> -Djava.library.path =... in registry.
>
> If it's not in this directory there is a warning in stdout.log(which is the only one used for logging).
> (....can't find... tcnative-1.dll... ), but when it's placed in the directory, there is no message about it's loading (as stated in http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/).
>
> Difference in version behaviour, or...?

It was not that long ago that Chuck proved me wrong, so I could easily
remember that this question was asked recently:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=123326323910806&w=2

Bottom line for Tomcat 5.5: if the native lib is found, no message will
appear in the logs. Only failure to load it will be logged.
Tomcat 6.0 will print out information in either case.

Regards
  mks