Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by CodeMonkey <cc...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/20 17:02:20 UTC

Configuring TomEE during build process

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if the tomee-maven-plugin can be used to configure a Resource;
specifically for a DataSource.

The goal here is to have our developers fetch the source from SVN and simply
run the build without having to monkey around with adding JDBC libs /
configuration to TomEE.

In addition we could probablly setup different Maven profiles for:
- Devleopment (DataSource setup for a local DB)
- Nightly Build (DataSource setup for a QA DB)
- Production (Database setup for a Production DB)

If the Maven plugin cannot do this; do you guys have any ideas on what I can
do to accomplish this?

When I used Glassfish in the past I used Ant to call different "asadmin"
(console app) commands to setup the container for me.  To my knowledge TomEE
does not supply a console application.  Is this still the case?

Thanks,
CodeMonkey

Re: Configuring TomEE during build process

Posted by CodeMonkey <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hey Romain,

Sorry for the late post, I went away on vacation.  I was able to get the
'tomee-maven-plugin' to work.  I was missing the following line in my
"configuration" block of the plugin:

<config>${project.basedir}/src/main/tomee/conf</config>

At one point I think I tried this but the directory names didn't match up
with the configuration.  So this was my issue.

As always.  Thanks for the support!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Which version are you using?

Posted by CodeMonkey <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hey Romain,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I think I am going to give this a shot.

Thanks again,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

add a tomee.xml or system.properties in src/main/tomee/conf (configurable
through config tag IIRC) and that's done.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*