Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 12:32:11 UTC

DiskPageStore file increasing to max size by only refreshing a HomePage

Hi,

- the scenario is this:

jmeter stress-testing (10 simultaneous users with no ramp-up and an
infinite-loop cycle) a wicket application (extends SpringWebApplication) by
only refreshing the HomePage.

- the result is:

observing the disk, the pagemap file for each session (10 items), there is
an "infinite" increasing (about 10kb each one) up to arriving the 10MB
(default max size for diskpagestore).

opening the pagemap file (text editor) there is a repetition of the same
HomePage serialized "infinite" times til arriving the max size allowed for
the file...

- the question is:

why is this happening? shouldn't the pagemap only store the "new" pages, but
only conserving "one" reference to a page that was already serialized? why
is it serializing the same page (HomePage) to the infinite?

Re: DiskPageStore file increasing to max size by only refreshing a HomePage

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Just because it's the same page class it doesn't mean it's the same
page instance. How does the URL that you invoke look like?

-Matej

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can make your home page stateless. Of course that limits what
components you can put on it.

-Matej

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
no just the opposite
bookmarkable url will create a new page (which can be state full or
stateless)

Posted by "Loritsch, Berin C." <Be...@gd-ais.com>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

SV: DiskPageStore file increasing to max size by only refreshing a HomePage

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Posted by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com>.
about "unversioned", i have just done a quick test on wicket-examples >
helloworld, adding serialVersionUID (not informed in the examples) and the
result is the same: pagestore file increasing to the "infinite" (max size of
course :)

stateless page is next, but limitations in this scenario should be taken
into account, as expressed here in some post of this thread...

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Posted by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com>.
that good be great!

dos attack is very rude scenario? ok, a more realistic scenario would be -
as happens here - an app that has a very huge amount of users during only
one week per year (about 40k users connecting to this app for subscriptions
and checking some personal information). let's say 1k users just have fun
refreshing the site... would it be possible to control pagestore size based
on session and loggged-in users?

Re: DiskPageStore file increasing to max size by only refreshing a HomePage

Posted by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org>.
Would it be a good idea to be able to specify the pagestore limits on a per-wicket-session base?

So you could for example increase the page store limits once a user has successfully authenticated.

DoS web clients usually don't go through the mess to authenticate first. Also multiple authentications of the
same user could be easily detected. So DoS should be a little harder.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
if you constantly target exactly that url
then that will be a new page everytime because thats just a bookmarkable
url.
not an instance url.

Posted by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com>.
the url is this: http://localhost:9090/test/