Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Richard Jones <fu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/19 18:42:43 UTC

Copyright of the User / Template guide

Hi,

I would like to publish some parts of the user and template guides on
a wiki for our users.  Are there any copyright issues regarding this?
I think I remember reading somewhere on this list that they were the
copyright of Dave Johnson and separate from the Apache License - is
that right?

Many thanks,

Richard

Re: Copyright of the User / Template guide

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Are they in the ASF svn?

If so then it's Dave's choice (I think) as to whether he wants to
treat their commit as 3rd party (ie: mention the copyright in NOTICE),
or delete his copyright statement and treat them as covered by the
software grant. You still retain copyright to your parts of the docs
(though not a part that I may change for example).

Sounds like you want to do the latter.

License wise, I think we just need to add a bit to the start of each
document saying "This document is licensed under the Apache license
2.0.", and then linking to Appendix A, which contains a print up of
the AL 2.0. You see that in books that have been open sourced from
time to time.

Hen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.