Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "emphful ." <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 13:55:07 UTC

Apache FOP 1.1

hello,

I am trying to use embedded ttf font in Apache FOP 1.1.

in my config:

embed-url="fonts/liberation-fonts-ttf-2.00.1/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf">

However when I invoke a test I get the following error:

java.io.EOFException: Reached EOF, file size=460761 offset=3186606029
at
org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype.FontFileReader.seekSet(FontFileReader.java:86)
~[fop-1.1.jar:na].

Does anybody know that issue already and could help?

Thank you very much in advance, regards,
Arek

RE: Apache FOP 1.1

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Arek,
I think there is something wrong with the particular font file you are using. I downloaded that particular font [1] from a website and created a small example to run it against 1.1 and trunk and they didn't have any issues.
The error you mention also leads me to believe there's a corruption in that file as something in there is causing the scanner to reference a point past the end of the file. The font may be a subset which has been written incorrectly or has become corrupted somewhere along the line.
I have attached the example I used to test with the output.
Regards,
Robert
[1] http://www.dafont.com/liberation-sans.font