Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/28 00:27:04 UTC

Is there a way for Dependabot to use its own fork or something?

The fact that the bot uses branches in our repo rather than a fork of
the repo causes a shitload of bot spam.

Re: Is there a way for Dependabot to use its own fork or something?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
We’d stop getting commit notifications for all the commits it makes in its own branches. This is especially annoying when rebasing these PRs as they end up pinging Jira tickets in the history, too.

—
Matt Sicker

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@yazi.ci>.