Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2016/08/06 19:22:20 UTC

builds.apache.org

Hi,

can anyone enlighten me what the propose of the jenkins jobs at builds.apache.org is ?

I cannot modify nor can I delete these jobs:

https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Bigtop-trunk-test-execution/

Bigtop-Patch-Evaluate
Bigtop-tickle-slaves
Bigtop-trunk
Bigtop-trunk-iTest
Bigtop-trunk-test-execution
Bigtop-trunk-testartifacts

If noone seems to know about these job I will ask INFRA to give me access rights.

Olaf

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
The point there is that only builds done on builds.apache.org are capable
of pushing nightly artifacts to official ASF Maven repo for snapshots.

Given the restructuring of the build systems -- somebody has to probably
update those jobs to still be relevant.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Cos,

thanks for jumping in.

I am failing to understand the maven repository things involved here.

For instance It seems to me that the version in pom.xml are horrible out of sync with bigtop.bom.
Reading BIGTOP-1429 I have got the impression that we technically cannot run the mvn deploy things on ci.bigtop.apache.org.  Is this the whole point of running this things on builds.apache.org ?

Olaf

> Am 08.08.2016 um 20:23 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>:
>
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 02:07AM, Evans Ye wrote:
>> Except for Bigtop-trunk, which we're building the whole set of rpm/deb for
>> OS matrix, I've no idea what others are doing.
>> Maybe Roman knows better.

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can anyone enlighten me what the propose of the jenkins jobs at
>>> builds.apache.org is ?
>>>
>>> I cannot modify nor can I delete these jobs:
>>>
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Bigtop-trunk-test-execution/
>>>
>>> Bigtop-Patch-Evaluate
>>> Bigtop-tickle-slaves
>>> Bigtop-trunk
>>> Bigtop-trunk-iTest

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Evans,

Using my PMC Chairs Karma I added you to the jenkins admins for build.apache.org

Please see at the jobs yourself:
https://builds.apache.org/view/B/view/Bigtop/

For instance
The bigtop-trunk job does a mvn deploy with a JDK 1.6 .

We either can remove this altogether or should update it to JDK 1.7

Hi Roman,

could you please enlighten us ? What is the usecase for this?

Olaf

Re: builds.apache.org

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.