Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Funtick <fu...@efendi.ca> on 2008/04/15 15:25:45 UTC

Server Hungs with Lucene 2.3.1

I verified thread dump several times, there are a lot of messages like

waiting for monitor entry ...
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.norms(SegmentReader.java:790)

It corresponds to method call:
// returns fake norms if norms aren't available
  public synchronized byte[] norms(String field) throws IOException {
    ensureOpen();
    byte[] bytes = getNorms(field);
    if (bytes==null) bytes=fakeNorms();
    return bytes;
  }

It didn't happen before (when I used CRON-Replication each night, and caches
were rewarmed daily); it happens now almost each day (after significant
loads generated by search engines).

I'll send Thread Dump later, do not have access to logs right now...

Thanks

Re: Server Hungs with Lucene 2.3.1

Posted by Funtick <fu...@efendi.ca>.
It happens after OutOfMemoryError. Server simply hangs, and SolrAdmin pages
do not work too.

I am using -Xmx8192M -Xms8192M, and I have 16Gb RAM.