Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Peter Gerstbach <pe...@gerstbach.at> on 2005/01/01 22:01:33 UTC

customize soap faults in axis 1.1

Hi,

I want to publish a java method as an axis-1.1 webservice, which throws
an exception. The exception should be mapped as a soap-fault. So far so
good.

But is it possible to customize the elements inside the soapenv:Fault
element?

The current response (in case of the exception) is like this:

   <soapenv:Fault>
    <faultstring>toStringMethod</faultstring>
    <detail>
     <full.package.location.InvalidInputFault
xsi:type="ns1:InvalidInputFault">
     </full.package.location.InvalidInputFault>
    </detail>
   </soapenv:Fault>

The faultcode is always "soapenv:Server.userException" the faultstring,
is what the toString()-Method of the exception returns.

- How do I change the faultcode? A code like "Client.xxx" would be
better for an input fault.
- And ist there a way to omit the full package name of the Exception
class. I would prefer "InvalidInputFault" instead of
"full.package.location.InvalidInputFault".
- How do I specify the 'faultactor'?

In the example "faults" I found a way to specify some <fault>-element
but, it does not show up in the docs, so I dont't know whats possible there.

Thanks a lot,
Peter