Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/02/26 16:33:31 UTC

Re: More HOD questions 0.16.0 - debug log enclosed - help with how to debug - solved

Well, this finally started to work, after we learned how to debug.

There were 2 issues, 1, the torque scp command was passing 3 arguments
instead of 2, and this was causing the error logs to get eaten.

On our master node, the dfs hod is installed in a different place that
on the child nodes, and a symlink plased into the 'standard location'.
HOD/torque was forwarding the real location instead of the configured
location.

To find out the SCP was failing, we had to up the debug level on the
pbs_moms' by seding SIGUSR1's to them, 4 seemed sufficient, then look at
the /var/log/messages to find the failure reports.

For the short term, we just made symlinks on the child nodes of where
the virtual cluster was expecting to find the dfs configuration.

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>