Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mridul Jain <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/08 12:29:00 UTC

invalid character error in jdbc call to oracle

hi,
I am using jmeter-1.9.1 on GNU/Linux box and trying to
test out oracle 9i release 2 on a remote Linux box via
oracle jdbc thin driver i.e ojdbc14.jar.

When I hit run, the connection with oracle on remote
host is established without any problems as I can see
it in the jmeter.log.
But I get an error in the log for a very simple sql
query.
I tried changing it to something different but doesn't
work. I even tried all other syntax combinations,
still the jmeter.log shows the error:
01/08/2004 10:05:53 PM ERROR - jmeter.protocol.jdbc:
Error in JDBC sampling java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-00911: invalid character

        at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)

I am trying to fetch some data as follows using 2
samplers as given in the tutorial on the jmeter site.
The query is simple:
select price from mrcoffees;
The above statement I type in the box for SQL string
in the sampler.

Any help is appreciated.

rgds,
MJ