Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paolo Cravero as2594 <pc...@as2594.net> on 2005/12/19 15:39:20 UTC

Re: I need help with false spam (ham flagged as spam)

Liviu Lalescu wrote:

> Spamassassin is reporting it as spam, with a score of 5.6, but it is surely
> not spam. I have also used a "sa-learn --ham" on it, but even after that the
> message is still flagged as spam. I have done "sa-learn --ham timetabling"
> and after that "spamassassin -t < timetabling >timetabling.out", obtaining
> also a 5.6 score.

> I can mention that I have used learning (sa-learn) for about 8000 ham messages
> and for 14 spam messages.

Thus Bayesian does not kick in: obvious since no BAYES_* test gets reported.

Anyway, SpamAssassin is NOT guilty at all in this false positive.

>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS          SPF: HELO matches SPF record
>  0.9 MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID      Message-Id for external message added locally
> -0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
>  1.9 DATE_IN_FUTURE_96_XX   Date: is 96 hours or more after Received: date

Your correspondant sent a message dated 19 *JANUARY* *2006*. This alone
would let the message through.

>  0.5 DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE     RBL: Envelope sender in abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
>  0.9 DNS_FROM_RFC_WHOIS     RBL: Envelope sender in whois.rfc-ignorant.org
>  1.4 DNS_FROM_RFC_POST      RBL: Envelope sender in
>                             postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org

Paulo's provider has been listed in rfc-ignorant.org lists. Go to those
websites to understand why.

Then, take some time to finish your Bayesian engine training and feed
it/him/her some good ol' spam, so that is starts working.

Last but not least, add Paulo in whitelisted senders.

Paolo

Re: I need help with false spam (ham flagged as spam)

Posted by Liviu Lalescu <li...@lalescu.ro>.
Thank you very much for your quick response! I will tell the person to fix his
date problem.