Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/01/10 08:36:16 UTC

[tapestry] Things 2 do

Now we have code, committers, cvs and mailing lists, does anyone have a
list of things to do for migration into Apache.

Currently I can see:

1) Fix current broken ant build process (dump out a message when jboss.dir
is empty etc) :)
2) Review distribution for GPL/LGPL usage?
3) Add Apache License to source
4) Set up Web Site on daedalus (jakarta.apache.org/tapestry)
5) ?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
> Are mailing lists set up?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html  doesn't show them.

Yep. I've subscribed to them.

I'll get the site updated.

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
We should create the read TODO(.html) file to track all this.

> > 1) Fix current broken ant build process (dump out a message when
jboss.dir
> > is empty etc) :)

Easy enough.

> > 2) Review distribution for GPL/LGPL usage?

The one "hotspot" I know of in terms of licensing is the use of McKoi DB to
run the Vlib demo.

McKoi is GPL.

To make McKoi work inside JBoss, I created a very simple (dozen lines or so)
JMX wrapper.  This code lives in the contrib library.

The JMX wrapper directly calls into McKoi API.  This means that JMX wrapper
is "infected" with the GPL.

I have tried to provide the code changes back to the McKoi developer, but no
action was taken (positive or negative).

A worst case would be to ditch McKoi and recode the Vlib using Hypersonic,
which is already integrated into JBoss.

I've been very public about this situtation, a year ago or more, on the
McKoi development list.  I've sidelined it because this code exists only to
support the Vlib demo, it isn't part of the Tapestry framework otherwise.

> > 3) Add Apache License to source

I'm working on a python script to update all the source with the new
copyright.

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Now we have code, committers, cvs and mailing lists, does anyone have a
> list of things to do for migration into Apache.
>
> Currently I can see:
>
> 1) Fix current broken ant build process (dump out a message when jboss.dir
> is empty etc) :)
> 2) Review distribution for GPL/LGPL usage?
> 3) Add Apache License to source
> 4) Set up Web Site on daedalus (jakarta.apache.org/tapestry)
> 5) ?

Have build produce source and binary dists (not sure if that happens already)

Get nightly builds happening, possibly produced by Gump - need a Gump
descriptor for that.

Potentially put togther a release as a first milestone to allow people to
convert to the new package structure and to have a release available for
download in the site wide bin area.

Conor

Re: [tapestry] Things 2 do

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Do you think this project could be Mavenized?  I think they are using
DocBook.

Tapestry folks, would you be okay with using Maven?
(jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven).

I suggest moving towards Maven because it will give you high speed doco
transform and build under Gump.  (Maven working under gump yet?)

I set this page up on the wiki
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryToDo

The incubator has asked for something formal once we're done.

Tapestry folks:  please note on this wiki page once you've sent in your
CLA.

dIon can you do the audit for the licenses and note it on the wiki page?

Tapestry folks: can you audit as well (basically make sure you're legit)

Thanks,

-Andy

PS I can see the IRC messages now ;-) :-p