Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Andrey Chernyshev <a....@gmail.com> on 2006/08/10 11:09:16 UTC

[DRLVM] Thread manager component for DRLVM

A few hours ago I have submitted the "Thread Manager" component which
is aimed to make an improvement over the infrastructure of
threading-related code in the DRLVM. The thread manager code,
documentation, tests and integration patch can be found in this issue:

With this improvement, DRLVM would have the dedicated threading module
with a well-defined interface which may contribute into the concept of
the modular JVM.
There are open questions with respect to the suggested API and
implementation, for example - what should be the relationship between
DRLVM's threading subystem and the hythread introduced with the
classlib (the suggested thread manager implements most of hythread
API). But, whatever we decide it should be, this change still may be
worth applied as an initial step toward modularization of the DRLVM.
Please see the more details about this in the issue description, I'd
be happy to provide more if needed.

Thanks,
Andrey.

--