Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/03/21 12:13:09 UTC

[APACHE JENKINS] Just updated the config and what I'll be adding to it in a few minutes

Hi all,

when checking my latest changes on Apache's Jenkins I noticed that it was randomly failing in the past.
A quick look showed me that it was generally due to the unavailability of playerglobal and airglobal on Adobe's servers.

The reason for it randomly failing is simply, that some of the Windows nodes have the artifact in their local repo from older builds and some don't.
So, the build-success generally depends on which node it's run on.

To get a deterministic build behavior back, I disabled the "with-swf" profile on the Jenkins job. This can be added back again as soon as the playerglobal replacement is ready.

I also stated updating the ASJS build configuration to also build the distribution and I'll add a configuration block that makes the distribution artifacts available here:
https://nightlies.apache.org/

In general, that would be the perfect place to download the nightlies from instead of the current AWS hosted CI server.

But a decision on that will be up to you folks.

I just want to prepare this so I can generally mark this task as "done" for me personally.

Chris