Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Christian J. Dechery" <ch...@finep.gov.br> on 2002/06/06 14:18:43 UTC

CrossContext. Is there a easier solution?

As I can see,

and for what I've tried to acomplish, this CrossContext thing is no picnic. It isn't easy to apply or use.
Isn't there a easier of doing this?

For instance, if I have a webserver and I want all the webapps to look in only one dir for images... how would I do that?

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| christian@finep.gov.br
.:| (21) 2555-0332

Re: CrossContext. Is there a easier solution?

Posted by James Williamson <ja...@nameonthe.net>.
Christian,

If you're on a Un*x platform why not just create sym. links?

Regards,

James Williamson
www.nameonthe.net

Posted by Phillip Morelock <su...@phillipmorelock.com>.
> For instance, if I have a webserver and I want all the webapps to look in only
> one dir for images... how would I do that?

Actually, in this case at least, it should not matter.

The browser downloads the html page, and then sends subsequent requests back
to the server for images.  You could even put all your images in one context
and have all your other contexts use that for images.  There is no
connection (usually) between the request sent for the page and the requests
sent for each of the images.

The only difference would be if you need to control access to these images,
which it doesn't sound like you need to do.

I would just set up one context for images.  Turn off cookies and such for
this context, so there's absolutely no possibility of collision in terms of
session ID's, etc.  (I don't know if tomcat would send a cookie for a
"static" request anyhow...).

Hope this helps
fillup