Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Štěpán Roh <st...@polarion.com> on 2007/01/26 13:21:17 UTC

Is concurrent execution of two Mavens safe?

Hello.

What I would like to know is whether if I run two Mavens at once and
they both change something in local repository at the same time (either
downloading required plugin or doing an install) if it is possible that
the repository can be damaged (downloaded plugin is incomplete,
something is not installed or metadata are wrong). Thank you for your
anwsers. Please CC me, because I am not subscribed.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh

Re: Is concurrent execution of two Mavens safe?

Posted by Christian Goetze <cg...@miaow.com>.
Štěpán Roh wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What I would like to know is whether if I run two Mavens at once and
> they both change something in local repository at the same time
> (either downloading required plugin or doing an install) if it is
> possible that the repository can be damaged (downloaded plugin is
> incomplete, something is not installed or metadata are wrong). Thank
> you for your anwsers. Please CC me, because I am not subscribed.

No. I wished it was, but it isn't.

The only way you can run concurrent mavens is by ensuring that every
instance uses its own local repo.
--
cg