Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/01/08 06:57:41 UTC

Chirag: Logout from the JDBCRealm Authentication

Software
------------
JDK1.5
jakarta-tomcat-5.5.2

Requirement
-------------------
I am using JDBCRealm Authentication.
I want to provide a logout facility and I could do that with session.invalidate() function but is there any other way by which without destroying the session we can logout from the JDBCRealm

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input]  Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com

Re: Chirag: Logout from the JDBCRealm Authentication

Posted by Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in>.
But here again there is a problem

The session to which you are refererring to is org.apache.catalina.Session Interface While the session with which we get by referring by an implicit object 'session' is javax.servlet.http.HttpSession Interface

And so method which you are conveying such as removeNote(),setPrincipla(),setAuthType() are not available to the JSP

So How to go about that

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/bermuda/

Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net> wrote:Looking into the Authenticatorbase.java and the register method of 5.0.19,
it looks like you could do

session.removeNote(Constants.SESS_USERNAME_NOTE);

session.removeNote(Constants.SESS_PASSWORD_NOTE);

You may need to do this as well:

session.setAuthType(null);

session.setPrincipal(null);

Two things.

1. Check the source code for the 5.5.2 to see if any changes have been made
in the code.

2. I have not done this myself. Just makes sense that if you reverse what
the register method does......

Doug

 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input]  Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com

Re: Chirag: Logout from the JDBCRealm Authentication