Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gus Heck <gu...@olin.edu> on 2003/12/02 00:51:10 UTC

html:link appears not to respect scriptlets inside atribute values

The following doesn't seem to be working as I would expect... I sort of
suspect that this may not be a struts issue, but I really thought you
were supposed to be able to drop in jsp expressions anywhere.

this.should.fail %>">Edit</html:link>

is giving me this html output:

this.should.fail %>">Edit</a>

should fail as this.should.fail cannot exist, but it is getting
reproduced textually instead. I have this really bad feeling I am
forgetting something, or have missed something basic, but cant figure
out what searches would bring up the answer.

-Gus

Re: html:link appears not to respect scriptlets inside atribute values

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Per the JSP spec about request-time attribute values:

The expression must appear by itself (multiple expressions, and mixing
of expressions and string constants are not permitted).

Which means you have to use:

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>