Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz> on 2004/04/15 22:02:21 UTC

RE: [JIRA] Getting ready to roll

Hi Steve,

one thing I forgot as action item: how do we proceed in getting
MerlinDeveloper up into Avalon?

If you give me a cvs structure to put it in, I will move it and rename
it to AvalonWorkbench. I like the name!

Fine - let's move!

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.

> I need a Ant or Maven system in place that builds everything from a
fresh
> check-out to installation of the plugins/features to the local
Eclipse,
> update generation and generation of distros.

I will have a look at it.

> P.S. Btw, I tried to install MD from CVS yesterday, and it didn't
work.
> "%new.category.name" showed up in the "New Project" menu, followed by
> "%new.avaloncomponent.name" (or something like that). Clicking on it
> anyway
> created a NPE.

CVS is not consistent at the moment, because I'm in the last steps of
OOR-mapping integration. Hopefully the weekend does it...

Andreas

Re: [JIRA] Getting ready to roll

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 16 April 2004 04:02, Andreas Oberhack wrote:

> how do we proceed in getting
> MerlinDeveloper up into Avalon?

I need a Ant or Maven system in place that builds everything from a fresh
check-out to installation of the plugins/features to the local Eclipse,
update generation and generation of distros.

IMHO, that would be a sandbox exit criteria, as we need Gump integration and
easy release management (without Eclipse itself).

Cheers
Niclas

P.S. Btw, I tried to install MD from CVS yesterday, and it didn't work.
"%new.category.name" showed up in the "New Project" menu, followed by a

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Andreas Oberhack wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> one thing I forgot as action item: how do we proceed in getting
> MerlinDeveloper up into Avalon?

> If you give me a cvs structure to put it in, I will move it and rename
> it to AvalonWorkbench. I like the name!

Let me check with Niclas re. CVS history - would be preferable if we
move this over at the same time (and Niclas is a wizz at this sort of
thing).

> Fine - let's move!

+1

Steve.