Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2002/04/03 08:17:43 UTC

Recursive dependencies

FYI,

Just recently, it seems some code in Excalibur's scratchpad has gained a
dependency on Command. Unfortunately, Command has a dep on scratchpad,
so the whole thing is unbuildable.

Commenting out the scratchpad <javac> fixes the problem for now.

--Jeff

Re: Recursive dependencies

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:42:06AM +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> >Just recently, it seems some code in Excalibur's scratchpad has gained a
> >dependency on Command. Unfortunately, Command has a dep on scratchpad,
> >so the whole thing is unbuildable.
> >
> >Commenting out the scratchpad <javac> fixes the problem for now.
> >
> Interesting.
>
> In theory we could allow recursive dependancies if we had interface/impl
> separation to the extent where all interfaces were built before impls.
> My assumption is that AImpl requires BInterface and Bimpl requires
> AInterface.

That makes sense.. compile the interfaces first and everyone's happy.
Doesn't look too applicable to Excalibur through :/ Our situation is
this (-> means "depends on"):

scratchpad mpool -> command
scratchpad system -> command
scratchpad thread  -> core, framework, lang
command -> thread
scratchpad lang -> (nothing)

So one possibility would be to break the 'thread' package off into a
separately compiled component. I'll try that unless anyone has
objections or better suggestion..

--Jeff

RE: Recursive dependencies

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
The correct dependencies for Command are:

collections
event
thread

Re: Recursive dependencies