Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Lyn Rousselle <ly...@hotmail.com> on 2015/01/22 16:56:54 UTC

Can't Use My Laptop Since The Download-HELP!

First, please accept our gratitude for your program.  There are no
words for how it has helped us out.  As soon as we have some
extra ready cash, we will make a donation.

As with most people, our business runs almost 100% on
the computers.  I have successfully download the program
on several computers over the years with out problems.

I just downloaded to my Windows 7 Laptop & now
the desktop is gone.

PLEASE HELP - WE ARE STUCK & CAN'T MOVE FORWARD
WITH OUR PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyn Rousselle
Office Manager
Water Workz Marine
3201 APD 40
Cleveland, TN 37311
423-476-0020 Phone
423-476-0019 Fax

Re: Can't Use My Laptop Since The Download-HELP!

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:56:54 -0500
Lyn Rousselle <ly...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> First, please accept our gratitude for your program.  There are no
> words for how it has helped us out.  As soon as we have some
> extra ready cash, we will make a donation.
>
> As with most people, our business runs almost 100% on
> the computers.  I have successfully download the program
> on several computers over the years with out problems.
>
> I just downloaded to my Windows 7 Laptop & now
> the desktop is gone.
>
> PLEASE HELP - WE ARE STUCK & CAN'T MOVE FORWARD
> WITH OUR PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Lyn Rousselle
> Office Manager
> Water Workz Marine
> 3201 APD 40
> Cleveland, TN 37311
> 423-476-0020 Phone
> 423-476-0019 Fax

It is to be hoped that you downloaded only from
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect you to SourceForge servers where the files are kept.

Any other site may give you compromised files which will load searchbars or other objectionable items.

A download and install of OpenOffice should not interfere in any way with your desktop.  I suggest you attempt to start your computer in Safe Mode (hold down F8 key while starting Windows).  If this starts up (will be slow), close it down and see if Windows starts up correctly.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>