Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vadim Blumkin <va...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/18 15:06:16 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd leak

Hi,

We are using httpd as a reverse proxy on windows platform.

Recently we have noticed that memory allocated by httpd is not being
released and the private bytes allocation for httpd keeps increasing when
httpd is running for long periods of time.

Has anyone noticed this issue? Can it be related to a configuration setting?

we used umdh to compare memeory dumps of the process and there are a few
suspicious areas where memory is allocated but not released.

Shouldn’t buffers be released and reused when httpd is working continuously?

We checked this using  httpd 2.4.10 compiled for windows x64, running on
Windows server 2008 R2 and Windows server 2012.

Attached are memory comparisons by umdh that show suspicious stack traces
where allocation are being accumulated.

Can anyone suggest a way to prove there is an actual memory leak, and
pinpoint its location?

Thanks ,

Vadim

Re: [users@httpd] httpd leak

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Vadim Blumkin <va...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> we used umdh to compare memeory dumps of the process and there are a few
> suspicious areas where memory is allocated but not released.
>
> Shouldn’t buffers be released and reused when httpd is working
> continuously?

​See released and reused don't really go together.  See MaxMemFree.​