Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Carwin <dc...@covalent.net> on 2007/03/01 20:26:03 UTC

Tricks for enabling manager & host-manager via IIS

Are there tricks to getting IIS 6 to properly pass the auth check for
manager and host_manager to the browser?

 - We have enabled the manager and host-manager apps, and they work
through the http connector.
 - We have other apps working via isapi redirector.

The difference between the working apps and the manager/host-manager is
the auth mechanism, that is the use of the tomcat-user.xml file.  Only
manager and host-manager use this.

It seems like IIS is blocking the auth check, and so Tomcat returns a
403 when we try to talk to the manager app.

_______________________________________

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
type Status report
message Access to the requested resource has been denied
description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

As a workaround we also tried doing the auth through IIS and setting
tomcatAuthentication="false" in the connector, but this did not work.

Tomcat 5.5.17
JVM 1.5.0_11
Isapi redirect 1.2.18
IIS 6.0