Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 14:54:59 UTC

Defects need be fixed with high priority in AOO 4.0

Hi,

We have pretty high backlog for unresolved defects, we need to clean them
as much as possible before we exit full regression. Before we focus on the
fixing work, let's set the filter and get the defect list with high
priority.

I would suggest we use this way:
1. Get candidate defects by query: severity = blocker, critical and status
= unconfirmed, confirmed, reopened
2. Evaluate them and set/unset Flags as 4.0.0_release_blocker to get defect
list with high priority
3. Assign these defects to development volunteers for fixing and QA to
verify once get resolved

You comment and suggestion are welcome!

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Re: Defects need be fixed with high priority in AOO 4.0

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:54:59PM +0800, Yuzhen Fan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have pretty high backlog for unresolved defects, we need to clean them
> as much as possible before we exit full regression. Before we focus on the
> fixing work, let's set the filter and get the defect list with high
> priority.
>
> I would suggest we use this way:
> 1. Get candidate defects by query: severity = blocker, critical and status
> = unconfirmed, confirmed, reopened
> 2. Evaluate them and set/unset Flags as 4.0.0_release_blocker to get defect
> list with high priority
> 3. Assign these defects to development volunteers for fixing and QA to
> verify once get resolved
>
> You comment and suggestion are welcome!

There should be search that includes the "crash" keyword, crashes are
release blockers if reproducible and affect basic functionality.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Defects need be fixed with high priority in AOO 4.0

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Yuzhen Fan wrote:
> Thanks for your comment, here is the updated process based on the feedback
>
> 1. Get candidate bugs by query: severity = blocker, critical and status =
> unconfirmed, confirmed, reopened OR keyword includes "crash".

Regressions are also candidates for fixing in the next release. So the
"regression" keyword should be used too when building the initial list
of candidate issues to be reviewed.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Defects need be fixed with high priority in AOO 4.0

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your comment, here is the updated process based on the feedback

1. Get candidate bugs by query: severity = blocker, critical and status =
unconfirmed, confirmed, reopened OR keyword includes "crash".
2. For every candidate bug above, set field " 4.0 release blocker" to "?"
to propose it as a blocker, and and then discuss it on the dev/qa mailing
list.  If there is consensus it is a blocker then the value is changed to
"+".
3. Mark bugs to priority =  P1(immediate) after get consensus from
discussing on the dev/qa mailing list
4. Assign these bugs to development volunteers (let bug assignee prioritize
his or her bugs except P1) for fixing and QA to verify once get resolved.

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com>.