Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/16 10:18:57 UTC

Re: Hive update functionality for External tables

I have also try to use these functionality but it did not work well for
external table.
It has many restricts for the underlying file of the table which will be
update/delete such as supporting AcidOutputFormat, is bucked etc. It
support only ORC as the file format until now and the table show also be
created with 'transactional'='true'.