Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Rajesh Mahindra <rm...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/09 17:18:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hudi Community Communication Updates

Hi Folks,

We are thinking of improving community communication, and here is a list of
things we propose to do (some of them are already available).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Community+Communication

While we have a few things proposed, we plan to prioritize the following
two features to hopefully ease communication. We plan to extend the current
hudi bot (slack app) to implement the features.

   1. As you are aware, we have 2 mailing lists: *dev* and *users*. To make
   it easier for users to get these updates on a single platform (slack), we
   propose to enhance hudi-bot to mirror the emails from the 2 mailing lists
   and post them into respective slack channels (*#dev* and *#users*). The
   sync will happen in near-real-time (a few mins). To ease readability, an
   email thread will be synced as a single slack thread, i.e., the replies on
   an email will be synced as replies on the slack channel to the original
   post.
   2. It is often hard to catch up on historical slack messages. To ease
   catching up on slack messages (*#general*) in the past few days, we will
   further extend the functionality of the hudi bot to read all the slack
   messages of a day, format them, and send them as a single email digest to
   the *dev* mailing list.

Please let us know what you think of this proposal, and feel free to raise
concerns if any.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Re: [DISCUSS] Hudi Community Communication Updates

Posted by Rajesh Mahindra <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

We are starting to roll the first feature out. Starting today, all dev
email threads will show up on slack channel #devwork.

Thanks
Rajesh

--
Take Care,
Rajesh Mahindra

Re: [DISCUSS] Hudi Community Communication Updates

Posted by Rajesh Mahindra <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

--
Take Care,
Rajesh Mahindra

Re: [DISCUSS] Hudi Community Communication Updates

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pratyaksh Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajesh,