Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2001/01/31 19:24:29 UTC

[Fwd: Case insensitivity trick]

Anyone want to document this weird solution? :-)
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: [Fwd: Case insensitivity trick]

Posted by James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>.
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Anyone want to document this weird solution? :-)

I had a similar problem when I first installed Apache, upgrading from
CERN: for some reason, CERN was "helpfully" correcting duff links where
the "extension" was wrong. At the time, I got round this by writing a
simple CGI to correct the extension etc. Something similar could be done
here - just send "moved permanently" with the correct case of the
URL. Better than Samba loopback mounting, anyway!

James.