Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Audrey MORELLE <au...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/01/23 09:26:00 UTC

RE : Re: Portlet Application not available

> 1. manually 'infuse' the Jetspeed Container into the portlet
application's web.xml

  I don't understand what do you mean by "infuse the Jetspeed Container". Can you explain ?

  > 3. 4.

  So I just have to drop my war file in both webapps directory, nothing in deploy directory ?

  Thank you for your answer.

  Audrey Morelle

David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> a écrit :
  Audrey MORELLE wrote:
> Any idea about "Is there any possibility to change information in
> database to force the deployement ? What are the data used to know if
> deployement is needed ?" ?

We have been testing this with the latest SVN trunk, I don't see where
the second deployment actually forces a re-registration of the portlet
application. The checksum test always works here.

Here are the steps I took, with two Tomcat servers (tomcat-1, tomcat-2)

1. manually 'infuse' the Jetspeed Container into the portlet
application's web.xml

2. build the portlet application war file, we'll call it "pa.war"

3. drop pa.war into tomcat-1/webapps directory
Tomcat picks up the new war file, deploys the new application
In the servlet init of the Jetspeed Container, a checksum test
is applied. A new checksum is detected, and the portlet application
is re-registered with Jetspeed.

4. drop pa.war into tomcat-2/webapps directory
Tomcat picks up the new war file, deploys the new application
In the servlet init of the Jetspeed Container, a checksum test
is applied. A new checksum is NOT detected, since we already
deployed to tomcat-1, and the portlet application is NOT re-registered
with Jetspeed.

5. navigate to either tomcat-1 or tomcat-2, both correctly show the
latest pa.war portlets

The one outstanding problem, which we are working on a fix, is with the
search indexes. Should have a patch ready this week