Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/22 22:22:44 UTC

JDBC Pool - one instance per web application or one instance per Tomcat server (Tomcat 5.5)

We define the JDBC connection settings in the context.xml file under
<TOMCAT_ROOT>/conf

We run four applications on this server.

My question is:

Does each application gets one instance of a pool or is the pool shared
accross all the applications?

This question applies to Tomcat 5.5 with the default JDBC connection pool
implementation.

--
Thank you,
Edmon Begoli

Re: JDBC Pool - one instance per web application or one instance per Tomcat server (Tomcat 5.5)

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
depends on how you define it, you can define a global pool in
GlobalResources  (server.xml) or define the entire pool in your context

Filip