Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org> on 2004/04/05 06:50:51 UTC

Displaying a README

Dear all,

Is it possible to have a README file displayed for a
subversion-directory?  And if so how?

My directory layout looks as follows:

    Revision 40: /linux/2.4

        * ..
        * branches/
        * patches/
        * trunk/
        * upstream/
        * upstream_tags/

Since I have to work together with a lot of collaborators, I would
like to have a README file displayed either above or below this
directory layout such that all collaborators are aware of where to
check-in what.  Of course, I do not care whatever name must be used
for the file being displayed.

Thanks in advance!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |

RE: Displaying a README

Posted by Boris <bo...@kafana.org>.
> maybe a silly question of a beginner: where can I find the appropriate
> xsl file?  I am using subversion on a Debian unstable server.

Here is the link for the SVN xsl sample file:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/xslt/

- Boris

Re: Displaying a README

Posted by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org>.
> Boris <bo...@kafana.org> [2004-04-05 20:01]:
>
> You can probably have something like this inside of the SVN xsl
> file:
>
> <xsl:if test="string(index/@path) = '/'">
>   <xsl:text>My readme text</xsl:text>
> </xsl:if>

Thanks!

maybe a silly question of a beginner: where can I find the appropriate
xsl file?  I am using subversion on a Debian unstable server.

Thanks in advance for any further enlightenment!

wbr,
Lukas

Re: Displaying a README

Posted by Lukas Ruf <ru...@rawip.org>.
> L?bbe Onken <l....@rac.de> [2004-04-05 10:33]:
>
> Sander Rijken wrote:
>
> >Another solution is using the XSLT parameter. You can then customize
> >what the repository looks like in the browser (and thus add the comment
> >you want)
> Sounds good. But then the readme would be there for every level of the
> repository? I would like to restrict the readme to only be visible in
> the root of each repository. Is that possible with XSLT?

this would be the same as I would want.

wbr,
Lukas

RE: Displaying a README

Posted by Boris <bo...@kafana.org>.

Re: Displaying a README

Posted by Lübbe Onken <l....@rac.de>.
Sander Rijken wrote:

> Another solution is using the XSLT parameter. You can then customize
> what the repository looks like in the browser (and thus add the comment
> you want)
Sounds good. But then the readme would be there for every level of the
repository? I would like to restrict the readme to only be visible in
the root of each repository. Is that possible with XSLT?

-Lübbe

Re: Displaying a README

Posted by Sander Rijken <sr...@sander.yi.org>.

Re: Displaying a README