Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pravinkumar_Shivakumar <Pr...@Satyam.com> on 2002/02/06 19:57:00 UTC

Multiple server setup...

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Apache.
I wanted to know this concept of where u have a single Apache server getting
all the requests and redirecting them to other servers,ie the final pages
are served by a different server than the one which receives the request.
I wanted detailed information on how httpd.conf would be set up and how do i
actually mention the machine name of the actual machines which serve the
pages.
I heard this is the way an Apache server would be setup in the hosting
service provider's place....
Googling did'nt help me in anyway...

Thanking you all for the time spent,
regards,
Pravin Kumar S
is appreciated.

Re: Multiple server setup...

Posted by Eduardo Gomez <in...@yahoo.com>.
> I wanted to know this concept of where u have a single Apache server
getting
> all the requests and redirecting them to other servers,ie the final pages
> are served by a different server than the one which receives the request.

Hey, I want to know that too!! C'mon Gurus, get out of your
apache-nirvana and post something like that  :)

_______________
Eduardo Gomez
Innerlab Productions
www.innerlab.com

RE: Multiple server setup...

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Pravinkumar_Shivakumar [mailto:Pravinkumar_Shivakumar@Satyam.com]

> I am a newbie to Apache.
> I wanted to know this concept of where u have a single Apache
> server getting
> all the requests and redirecting them to other servers,ie the final pages
> are served by a different server than the one which receives the request.
> I wanted detailed information on how httpd.conf would be set up
> and how do i
> actually mention the machine name of the actual machines which serve the
> pages.
> I heard this is the way an Apache server would be setup in the hosting
> service provider's place....

You could be talking about simple redirects, but I suspect you are talking
about a "reverse proxy".  Try searching on that, and if you want more help,
be a little more specific about your setup.

Joshua.