Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bastian Fiebig <fi...@reduxnet.de> on 2002/09/17 21:21:05 UTC

Workink with many xml-documents

Hello,

to stress xindice I have a collection with hundreds of thousands small
xml-documents.

My question is, how to work performant with so many documents.

For example
// Get all cd elements from the database
ResourceSet resultSet = service.query("/cd");
ResourceIterator results = resultSet.getIterator();

I think, there is a problem to receive so many documents at once.
In JDBC it is possible to limit the size of results. And in JDBC you
get automatically for example the next 20 results if they are required.

Is there a mechanism who works even?

--
Best regards,
 Bastian                          mailto:fiebig@reduxnet.de