Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Fabrice Landrodie <fa...@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> on 2002/09/11 11:31:37 UTC

compatibility with Xerces 2.0

Hello,

i am new on this list and i am wondering if there is some news about the
production of xerces-p for Xerces 2.0 ?

Have you an idea of the release date ??

Thank you,

Fabrice

Re: compatibility with Xerces 2.0

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Fabrice Landrodie" <fa...@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> writes:

> I had a look on the problem you observe in getFirstChild() method
> and I think it could be a problem of multiple inheritance and
> dynamic cast :

God bless you!

I'm not sure this is the problem, but I'm *really* grateful that you
took the time to investigate. I'll look into this later today and
write more.

(It really helps just to know that others care)

Cheers,
jas.

Re: compatibility with Xerces 2.0

Posted by Fredrick Paul Eisele <ph...@netarx.com>.
Thanks!
Looks like you are making progress on this issue.
Sorry I haven't had time to help.
(I wanted to encourage those who have.)

Re: compatibility with Xerces 2.0

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Fabrice Landrodie" <fa...@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> writes:

> Swig : 1.3.13
>
> Xerces-P : your pre-version under CVS. I just regenerate Xerces.C
> and Xerces.pm with my system.

Hey Fabrice,

I think the new version of SWIG may be the difference. Can you post
your versions of Xerces.C/pm? I'll get the new version of SWIG and use
it as well, but just in case, I'd like to have something that works.

Thanks again!
jas.

Re: compatibility with Xerces 2.0

Posted by Fabrice Landrodie <fa...@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr>.
So here is the component I used to test the wrapper :

OS : Linux RedHat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7)

compiler : gcc-2.96

Xerces-C : Official version 2.0 (recompiled on my system)

Swig : 1.3.13

Xerces-P : your pre-version under CVS. I just regenerate Xerces.C and Xerces.pm
with my system.

Hope this help you !!

Have a nice week-end,

Fabrice