Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/09/01 07:45:05 UTC

Re: Digestor class contains 6 errors and 26 deprecated methods when compiled using Xalan and Xerces!

Michael Mok wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was having so much problems with running Struts in Orion (1.2.7) that I
> decide to debug STRUTS in Orion. When I get to recompile the STRUTS (nightly
> built 30/8/2000) with Orion.jar, I found that the digester class requires a
> SAXparser library. I then realised that STRUTS was running fine in Tomcat
> since it has the jaxp.jar and parser.jar files. Orion uses xalan and xerces
> (June built).
>
> I use KAWA to recompile the STRUTS source with the xalan and xerces jar
> files and found the following error and warning messages. These can mean two
> things. Either the xml library in Orion is out of date or STRUTS digestor
> actually have deprecated methods.
>
> I am still trying to get my STRUTS application to run in Orion 1.2.7 without
> any success. I will try the STRUTS example as describe in the intall text
> file.

What rev is the xerces.jar that you are using (from Orion)?  Version 1.1.2 or
later is required for JAXP compatibility, which is a prerequisite for use with
Struts.

> Regards
>
> Michael Mok

Craig

====================
                                    Applications to Tomcat

Help with "example"

Posted by Tom Miller <tm...@kdsi.net>.
Greetings Struts users,

I'm having a little touble trying to run the struts example using the binary
distribution of struts from Sept 1st. I believe I have everything configured OK
with respect to the /example jars, files, etc.

I'm not quite sure about where to put xerces.jar, it is stuck in
examples/WEB-INF/lib at the moment. Couldn't really tell from their docs where
else to put it.

I'm running all of this under IBM Visual Age, which works just dandy for me with
Tomcat. Here is the error that is getting thrown. Does this suggest anything?

"Exception in: R( /example + /index.jsp + null) - javax.servlet.ServletException:
Missing resources attribute org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"

TIA

Tom Miller