Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 13:28:30 UTC

DN, RDN, AVA heads up

Hi guys,

just to give you some feedback on what's going on in this area.

The errors we are trying to fix are the following :
1) We don't allow rename of entries where the user just want to change
used case (like from cn=test to cn=TEST) (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1693).
2) We don't keep the user provided value when doing a rename. (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1694)
3) When creating an entry which RDN is cn=Doe+gn=John, we can do a
lookup with this RDN, but doing the same lookup with the gn=John+cn=Doe
returns nothing (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1698)

In order to fix those 3 problems, I had to modify the way we handle AVAs
and RDN (see my previous mails  about that). Right now, the AVA and RDN
have been modified, and the code committed. I'm now fixing those three
issues, and I think I'll be able to get them fixed by tonite.

Selcuk, I'm sorry, those fixes just sucked all my time and energy, I had
barely no time to get back to the Txn branch. I intend to get back to it
tonite.

The reason why those fixes are critical is that Pierre-Arnaud wants to
cut a new milestone for Studio, which uses the API, and he has many many
fixes since the last release he done 2 weeks ago (mainly the critical
binary attributes handling).

Hopefully, we may be able o cut the API and server release tonite or
tomorrow.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny