Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org> on 2018/09/17 16:13:17 UTC

How do you identify the original content path of a request?

I'm dealing with resources requests that have suffixes.

When I'm at a component level, I'm trying to identify what the original
content path/ resource  is and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
Is anyone aware of a graceful way of doing this?

Thanks
- Jason

Re: How do you identify the original content path of a request?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM Jason E Bailey <je...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...When I'm at a component level, I'm trying to identify what the original
> content path/ resource  is and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it...

Doesn't HttpServletRequest.getRequestPath help?

Maybe the info is lost during component inclusion? If so the simplest
way might be to save whatever information you need in request
attributes in a filter that's active at the top of the component
inclusion stack.

-Bertrand