Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/02/20 02:12:53 UTC

11.3v1 can't create an ant project

Is it just me? There seems some state that's causing problems that is
not in udir/cdir. I'll remove netbeans/... and unzip it again.

But this is what I'm seeing now

Remove udir/cdir; start NB no udir/cdir; don't import previous settings
Dismiss Start page
NewProject>JavaWithAnt>NetBeansModules>Module; press NEXT
Observe: Finding Feature Dialog;
      I'm not running JDK8, but message says this is for JDK 8
      Press Download and Activate
      There's a quick flash of a dialog for what's getting download, but
couln't read it; seemed to be all about JavaFX

Get a dialog that says:

          Some plugins require capability org.openide.modules.os.Linux

    No plugin providing the capability org.openide.modules.os.Linux
    could be found.

    The following plugin is affected:
           JavaFX wrapper

          Some plugins require capability org.openide.modules.os.MacOSX

    No plugin providing the capability org.openide.modules.os.MacOSX
    could be found.

    The following plugin is affected:
           JavaFX wrapper

I couldn't see the list of what it wanted to download. But this is all
about "JavaFX wrapper".

Why is that required?

The dialog only had CANCEL button enabled. hit CANCEL

the new project dialog only had CANCEL

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 11.3

*Java:* 13.0.2; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 13.0.2+8

*Runtime:* Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 13.0.2+8

*System:* Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Re: 11.3v1 can't create an ant project

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
Started with a new netbeans directory, rm udir/cdir, waved my hand 3
times over the screean, and rebooted windows.

Its no longer stuck. I changed more than one thing, so who knows...

But why does it want to download JavaFX for a simple java ant project?

-ernie

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 02:13, Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> wrote:
>           Some plugins require capability org.openide.modules.os.Linux
>
>     No plugin providing the capability org.openide.modules.os.Linux
>     could be found.
>
>     The following plugin is affected:
>            JavaFX wrapper

I noticed a similar bug in beta3 the other day while trying to test
reinstalling the JavaFX modules - although for me on Linux complaining
about lack of macOS and Windows.  Something slightly odd in the
third-party libraries configuration somewhere?

I also noticed that there's a check box for nb-javac (on the Maven
wizard at least) that appears to make no difference to it wanting to
install both JavaFX and nb-javac.

A few things around this could do with looking at again leading up to
12.0 I think.  There is at least one other change that needs to be
looked at here.

Best wishes,

Neil