Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by VIPUL SHARMA <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 23:27:30 UTC

A way to input xml files in mapreduce

I am new to hadoop and still learning most of the details. I am working on an
application that will take input from lots of small xml files. Each xml
files has some record that I want to parse and input data in a hbase table.
How should I go about parsing xml files and input in map functions. Should I
have one mapper per xml file or is there another way of doing this? Thanks
for your help and time.

Thanks
Vipul