Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2003/06/29 23:58:17 UTC

Hiding goals

Hi,

Maven is really great, I dare say that, and I hope it will mature and
stabilize...
To me it's also an efficient and user-friendly way to run jelly which is
the flexiblest glue to manipulate XML, to my taste.

How can I use maven, for example, with projects like HTML generated out
of XML ? It's all in there, it's not hard, some plug-ins could come out
of it...
Other type of XML-based projects would certainly be targeted as well
(even... a calendar generation out of web-front-end for the calendar...).

But if I want to give this to a friend, that friend will want to read
the goals available. And running "maven -g" output will give me all
sorts of goals that are really irrelevant for my purpose.

Any way to hide goals ?
Isn't it a long-term plan to have goals be applicable only in some
conditions (and thus be included in maven -g output).

Thanks.

Paul

Re: Hiding goals

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.
On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 11:28, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> how to do you define a default goal ?

maven.xml:
<project default="help">
</project>

Happy mavening, Paul,
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

Re: Hiding goals

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Martin Skopp wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 23:58, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>
>>But if I want to give this to a friend, that friend will want to read
>>the goals available. And running "maven -g" output will give me all
>>sorts of goals that are really irrelevant for my purpose.
>

> I created a goal "help" in maven.xml and defined it as default goal.
>
> "help" explains some build-in goals, some extra goals I defined in
> maven.xml and the "-g" feature.
>
> So your friend only needs to type in "maven" and gains information.
>
> hope this helps as workaround,

Indeed a workaround... how to do you define a default goal ?

THanks.

Paul

Re: Hiding goals

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.