Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratnakar Parakala <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/18 15:07:05 UTC

Struts-Faces - URGENT

Hi,

Added to the below list is one more question:

7. How can I call a struts action in <s:form ..> tag. The action redirects to a JSP(with JSF tags) under WEB-INF (say /WEB-INF/jsp/xyz.jsp). When I tried to achieve this, the <s:form ...> tag generated <form action="/appl/WEB-INF/jsp/xyz.faces" ..>. But, I want to perform a struts action.

Craig: Could you pl reply to my queries. I'm finding it very difficult to integrate JSF and Struts.

Thanx,
Ratnakar

Ratnakar Parakala <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I started implementing Struts-Faces integration library. I looked at the examples provided with the library. I have few doubts:

1. Does the library support using action paths for validations in tag? I was using it for quite long time in a standalone struts application. If I use it the same way, the page is not getting displayed and throwing page compilation errors.

2. Does all the struts 1.2.4 features are supported in Struts-Faces? For example, token reload etc.

3. How can I call an action from a JSF page and submit the data to the database?

4. Can I use Frames in JSF page? I have a requirement - Left side frame display a tree and right frame displays the details page and buttons to add new node. When I add a new node in the right frame, the new record should appear in the tree. How can I achieve this?

5. I would like to use standard HTML tags in a JSF page like table, tr etc. This is because to have same look and feel generated by the JSF page. How can I achieve it using JSF?

6. When Struts-Faces next release is scheduled?

Thanx
Ratnakar