Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chialing Sung <cl...@comcast.net> on 2005/08/18 01:05:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache dechunks request data

Hi,

I have a java-based client that uses HTTP to communicate with a server. I've
been trying to use chunked transfer encoding available in HTTP/1.1 to
streamline request data from client to server.  A servlet on the server side is
designed to handle and process each chunk as they come along. But the problem
seems to be that Apache is "dechunking" the data before sending it to tomcat for
processing.  Is there a way to tell Apache to forward any chunks that it
receives to tomcat immediately, without any buffering or dechunking? On the
server side I am using Apache 2.0.54 and tomcat with mod_jk.

Thanks,
Chia-ling