Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hajo Locke <ha...@gmx.de> on 2011/03/25 09:36:59 UTC

[users@httpd] loadbalancing apache/tomcat

Hello List,

following situation: i have 1 apache which is connected by mod_jk to
multiple tomcat servers.
Now it seems to get necessary that i also need to balance the
apache-applications.
What is best practice in my case?
I think about nginx in first line which is connected to apache-servers and
tomcatservers as backends.
in nginx-conf i should be able to devide requests to adequate servers,
mod_jk is not needed any more because nginx is connected directly to
tomcats.
is this a well setup or should be putted into practice in an other way?

Thanks,
Hajo

Re: [users@httpd] loadbalancing apache/tomcat

Posted by Simone Caruso <in...@simonecaruso.com>.
On 25/03/2011 09:36, Hajo Locke wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> following situation: i have 1 apache which is connected by mod_jk to multiple tomcat servers.
> Now it seems to get necessary that i also need to balance the apache-applications.
> What is best practice in my case?
If u dont like nginx, with apache try mod_proxy_balancer and mod_proxy_ajp;

Nginx should use less RAM.

There is no best setup, choose the one that fits better with for your environment.

--
Simone Caruso
IT Consultant