Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Mr. Nassos A. michas" <na...@eurodyn.com> on 2006/02/02 10:06:08 UTC

Transactional support

Hello,

can you please point me into some examples demonstrating transactional use cases with ServiceMix? I've seen other people on ServiceMix forum asking similar questions but with no answer; the website doesn't help on that either. A typical scenario would be a service bound to a JMS queue forwarding an incoming message to another service; if the latter fails the whole process should be rolledback in order to allow re-processing of the original message later.

Thanks!

Nassos

Re: Transactional support

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
Here are some test cases for using xa transactions on jms.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-components/src/test/resources/org/apache/servicemix/components/jca/

Please note that the file system can in no way use xa, and currently
does not retry to send messages if they have failed.
Actually, the file poller uses an in-only mep, which means that it can
not be aware of errors occuring further on the flow.
Of course, this is a real need that should be adressed ...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet