Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/24 18:59:02 UTC

Aries 0.1 and 0.3 version differences

Hello,
I'm in the process of compiling the list of enhancements that happened
between Aries 0.1 and 0.3+. In essence I'm looking for :

   1. List of all features enhancements.
   2. Any bug fixes

Also I have one more question! Is it feasible or even viable  to develop
Enterprise strength OSGI applications with BluePrint 0.1 version?

Any help/pointers/document will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: Aries 0.1 and 0.3 version differences

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You should be able to find this information out from JIRA which is located
here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES

I think you probably want a filter something like this: project = ARIES AND
status = Resolved AND (fixVersion = "0.2" OR fixVersion = "0.3") ORDER BY
priority DESC

This should give you a list of everything that went into the 0.2 and 0.3
releases. I would also say that the 0.1 release version does not mean Apache
Aries 0.1 is not suitable for production. It is more a statement about how
stable the programming interface for embedders is rather than the stability
of quality of the blueprint implementation. Obviously 0.1 has bugs not in
0.2 and 0.3.

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Aries 0.1 and 0.3 version differences

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
HI Johan,

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 24 October 2011 17:59, Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm in the process of compiling the list of enhancements that happened
> between Aries 0.1 and 0.3+. In essence I'm looking for :
>
> List of all features enhancements.
> Any bug fixes

You can get this from the release notes page in JIRA for the version
you're interested.

Goto any of the completed releases listed here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel

Then click the release notes link in the top right corner.

HTH.