Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com> on 2006/05/05 21:14:24 UTC

[Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

I seem to have a problem with running Shale-Clay offline because there
seems to be a few dtds that need to be downloaded for validation
purposes I assume.  I was just wondering if there are plans for an
Entity resolver to help with the resolution of the dtd to a local one. :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: [Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

Posted by Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com>.
Craig McClanahan said:
> On 5/5/06, Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com> wrote:
>>
>> I love the response time on this list.  :)  Thanks for the tip Craig.  I
>> had an old version of the public id
>>
>> "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Shale Clay View//EN"
>>
>> Is there a wiki I can post this info on for others?
>

> That would be very helpful.
>
> We share the same Wiki infrastructure that the rest of the Struts
> community
> uses. You could start at [1] and either find an existing page of helpful
> hints, or create a new one.

Done. Just created. :)

>> p.s. I was wondering if any of the Shale team would be at JavaOne - I
>> looked at the schedule and didn't see any.
>

> Don't I count?  :-)  I'm a speaker on two different sessions (TS-4372 -
> panel discussion on AJAX/Web 2.0/SOA, Tuesday @ 11:00, and TS-1887 - "EJB
> 3.0, Java Persistence API, and the Web Tier, Friday @ 10:45).  Of course,
> I'll certainly be at the Struts session on Wednesday (TS-3682, 2:45pm) and
> bunch of the other web and AJAX sessions.  I think Gary is also coming as
> an
> attendee.

Ooops. Of course you count. Doh. I misspelled your last name in the
ScheduleBuilder. :)

Re: [Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 5/5/06, Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com> wrote:

> I love the response time on this list.  :)  Thanks for the tip Craig.  I
> had an old version of the public id
>
> "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Shale Clay View//EN"
>
> Is there a wiki I can post this info on for others?

That would be very helpful.

We share the same Wiki infrastructure that the rest of the Struts community
uses. You could start at [1] and either find an existing page of helpful
hints, or create a new one.

Thanks,
> Ryan
>
> p.s. I was wondering if any of the Shale team would be at JavaOne - I
> looked at the schedule and didn't see any.

Don't I count?  :-)  I'm a speaker on two different sessions (TS-4372 -
panel discussion on AJAX/Web 2.0/SOA, Tuesday @ 11:00, and TS-1887 - "EJB
3.0, Java Persistence API, and the Web Tier, Friday @ 10:45).  Of course,
I'll certainly be at the Struts session on Wednesday (TS-3682, 2:45pm) and a

Re: [Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/5/06, Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com> wrote:

> I love the response time on this list.  :)  Thanks for the tip Craig.  I
> had an old version of the public idhttp://mail.google.com/mail/
>
> "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Shale Clay View//EN"
>
> Is there a wiki I can post this info on for others?

   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/Shale/UserDocs

The 'Shale Clay' link is for a new page.  Have fun. :)

--
Wendy

Re: [Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

Posted by Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com>.

Re: [Shale-Clay] Offline dtds

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 5/5/06, Ryan <sh...@localkinegrinds.com> wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with running Shale-Clay offline because there
> seems to be a few dtds that need to be downloaded for validation
> purposes I assume.  I was just wondering if there are plans for an
> Entity resolver to help with the resolution of the dtd to a local one. :)

Clay uses Digester for parsing clay-config.xml files, and it already
registers a local copy of its DTD.  As long as you are using the correct
public ID (and you don't have a broken XML parser :-) it should work fine
offline (and it does for me on they Use Cases example).  Make sure you're
using exacly this:

    -//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Shale Clay View Configuration 1.0//EN

Thanks,
> Ryan

Craig