Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gregor Berginc <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/19 18:11:46 UTC

Ruby Qpid Proton Gem release

Dear all,

I hope this is the right place to ask about the planned releases. I have integrated Qpid Proton ruby gem into PR [1] to allow retrieval of events over AMQP. Problem is that this depends on a patch discussed in PROTON-1532 [2] and resolved upstream. For the time being I am using my own bindings including the required patches [3], however this is impossible to integrate into another Gemspec.

In the discussion it was mentioned that 0.18 of the Gem should be released end of September. In order to plan activities, I would kindly ask for some more info on the actual release date for the ruby bindings.

Cheers,
-Gregor

[1] https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq-providers-nuage/pull/9
[2] https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/116
[3] https://github.com/gberginc/qpid_proton_gem

Re: Ruby Qpid Proton Gem release

Posted by Gregor Berginc <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Irina for sharing. Thanks Alan and the rest of the Qpid team for
making this release!

I've tested the gem from RubyGems and it works.

cheers,
-Gregor

Posted by Irina Boverman <ib...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by sergio <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pdellaert <ph...@dellaert.org>.
Hi Justin,

As this fix is very important for the Nuage Networks (a SDN/SDWAN product of
Nokia) functionality being build in different systems using Ruby, i would
like to see if there is any way we can expedite this and make sure it is
released as soon as possible as a new official release (next week, max 2
weeks).

Regards,
Philippe Dellaert
Product Manager
Nuage Networks | Nokia

-----
Philippe Dellaert
Product Manager
Nuage Networks | Nokia

Re: Ruby Qpid Proton Gem release

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
We're still trying for end of September, but it's now looking tight, so it
may slip to early October.